VIDEO: Cops run from drive-by shooting instead of stopping gunman right in front of them
DETROIT, Mich. (BIKER DAD) — Video shows cops run from a drive-by shooting rather than stopping the gunman right in front of them. The video shared by Deadline Detroit has now sparked an internal investigation and has the two officers involved off the streets. You can see the video in the player above.
Fox 2 Detroit reports one officer is on medical leave and another suspended. It happened on June 30th. “This incident is troubling and it is unfortunate and it’s not consistent with our training,” DPD Interim Chief James White told Fox 2. “And it’s not consistent with the expectations that are set by myself and my command team.”
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond
- Alabama biker hit and killed by Jeep
- Florida biker killed in hit and run: Witnesses say cops were chasing the car
The victim survived and the officers eventually went back to help him. But that may not have been enough.
“What could they have done in that moment? Could they have drawn and engaged them?” Fox 2 asked retired Detroit assistant police chief Steve Dolunt. “Absolutely,” he said “Yes, you pull your gun. He’s shooting at somebody. You pull your gun when you’re in fear of your life, or someone is in fear of their life.”