Mass. cop accused of hitting a biker while driving drunk
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BIKER DAD YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR THE LATEST VIDEOS AND EPISODES OF OUR SHOW
BUY BIKER DAD PATCHES AND STICKERS
TAUNTON, Mass. (BIKER DAD) — A Massachusetts cop is under arrest, accused of hitting a biker while driving drunk.
Investigators say Taunton Police Sergeant Shawn Smith, 49, of Raynham hit the biker Sunday. He’s charged with Operating Under the Influence. NBC Boston reports Smith is on administrative leave. He’s a 21-year veteran of the department.
The 52-year-old biker went to the hospital where he was expected to survive his injuries. Smith was off duty when the crash happened.
- “Impaired” Missouri driver kills 4 bikers, injures many more
- Motorcycle rally ends in mass shooting beef between “outlaw motorcycle gangs”
- Top 5 beginner motorcycle mistakes and how to avoid them
- VIDEO: Driver narrowly escapes as train plows through car
- Michigan man charged with attempted murder in biker road rage
NBC Boston reports, “The Massachusetts State Police Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Section was called to the scene conduct accident reconstruction.The investigation remains under active investigation with assistance by State Police detectives assigned to the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office.”