Mass. cop accused of hitting a biker while driving drunk
TAUNTON, Mass. (BIKER DAD) — A Massachusetts cop is under arrest, accused of hitting a biker while driving drunk.
Investigators say Taunton Police Sergeant Shawn Smith, 49, of Raynham hit the biker Sunday. He’s charged with Operating Under the Influence. NBC Boston reports Smith is on administrative leave. He’s a 21-year veteran of the department.
The 52-year-old biker went to the hospital where he was expected to survive his injuries. Smith was off duty when the crash happened.
- VIDEO: California motorcycle cop broadsided by car running stop sign
- Texas biker shot 5 times in road rage incident
- Biker running from cops badly hurts great-grandma in 100 MPH fiery crash
- Deadly start to “Motorcycle Safety Awareness” month
- Biker killed in Knoxville hit and run
NBC Boston reports, “The Massachusetts State Police Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Section was called to the scene conduct accident reconstruction.The investigation remains under active investigation with assistance by State Police detectives assigned to the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office.”