Pilot finds missing biker’s body
CEDARVILLE, Ill. (BIKER DAD) — A pilot finds the body of a missing biker in Illinois. Police and others had been searching for Raymond Bales, who had been missing for a day.
Police used drones to search for him, but it was a private pilot who eventually found his body, according to a report by WFIR.
- Alabama bikers killed in head-on crash returning from Sturgis rally
- Florida deputies seek possible child sex abuse victims man met through motorcycle club
- Knoxville biker killed when car crosses the center line
- Harley Homecoming smashes record, plans to make it an annual event
- Biker Dad TV debuts on national TV network
Police say he crashed his motorcycle. The pilot saw the crashed motorcycle and his body. It was a tragic end, but at least his family knows what happened.
According to the local newspaper, investigators said evidence gathered at the scene showed Balles was traveling south on Illinois 73 when he drove off the west side of the roadway, struck a large rock causing him to be ejected from the motorcycle and land in an area with tall grass.
The crash is under investigation.