Boy nearly killed in freak lawnmower accident, bikers rolling out to help
SILVER LAKE, Wis. (BIKER DAD) — A boy nearly killed in a freak lawnmower accident is getting help from bikers. They’re rolling out this weekend for 6-year-old Alex Hook. Little Alex was enjoying time outside at recess on September 10th when a normal day turned into a life-threatening tragedy.
A lawnmower threw something through the air. The missile hit Alex in the head. He was severely injured. He spent a month in the hospital. But his expensive recovery is far from over. The community is coming together for several fundraising events, including a motorcycle run Saturday.
- Mississippi woman arrested after killing biker in hit and run
- Missouri biker killed in crash with a truck
- Police seize Harleys, cash, drugs in “Hells Angels Raid”
- Arkansas biker rear-ended at red light killed
- New Orleans police search for driver who left a biker to die in the street
Organizers expect hundreds of bikers to show up for the event. Alex’s family tells CBS 58, they are in shock and awe at the never-ending outpouring of love and support during his recovery. The ride starts at Hawg Heaven in Salem.