Combat Veteran, Riders 4 Riders officer killed in motorcycle crash
MOBILE, Ala. (BIKER DAD) — My personal friend, Combat Veteran, and Riders 4 Riders officer Wes Miller was killed in a motorcycle crash this week. The official police statement says Wes, who was a 73, turned left in front of a pickup. But close friends and family say that’s not the whole story. They tell me that truck was going around 100 miles per hour when it hit “Chengo,” as we called him, head on. They say he wasn’t turning but sitting waiting to turn when it happened.
- Florida biker brawl caught on camera leads to 6 arrests
- Biker dad badly injured by hit-and-run driver in North Carolina
- Weapons, explosives found in Pagans “Outlaw Motorcycle Gang” arrests
- Texas class teaches techniques to save lives at motorcycle crashes, biker headlines for June 8, 2022
- 1 Florida biker killed, one badly injured by truck making a left turn
I just sat at a table whith Chengo this past Sunday. We both served as officers for a group called Riders 4 Riders. You can see my story about that group below.
Chengo was not only Vice President of Riders 4 Riders, but also a road captain for The Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association, which means he served in conflict. He was a hero veteran.
“We lost this great man, friend, brother, grandfather and spouse last evening. Please keep Chengo’s family and CVMA, R4R and American Legion brothers in your prayers,” Katherine Walker wrote on Facebook.
Funeral arrangements are being made and I’ll keep you posted. We want as many bikers to show up and show this family support. I will be there and I will also keep on top of the case as it goes forward.