Combat Veteran, Riders 4 Riders officer killed in motorcycle crash
MOBILE, Ala. (BIKER DAD) — My personal friend, Combat Veteran, and Riders 4 Riders officer Wes Miller was killed in a motorcycle crash this week. The official police statement says Wes, who was a 73, turned left in front of a pickup. But close friends and family say that’s not the whole story. They tell me that truck was going around 100 miles per hour when it hit “Chengo,” as we called him, head on. They say he wasn’t turning but sitting waiting to turn when it happened.
- Florida cops search for hit and run driver who smashed into a biker
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Stolen car sends truck flying in California biker’s face, sparks safety warning for others
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond
I just sat at a table whith Chengo this past Sunday. We both served as officers for a group called Riders 4 Riders. You can see my story about that group below.
Chengo was not only Vice President of Riders 4 Riders, but also a road captain for The Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association, which means he served in conflict. He was a hero veteran.
“We lost this great man, friend, brother, grandfather and spouse last evening. Please keep Chengo’s family and CVMA, R4R and American Legion brothers in your prayers,” Katherine Walker wrote on Facebook.
Funeral arrangements are being made and I’ll keep you posted. We want as many bikers to show up and show this family support. I will be there and I will also keep on top of the case as it goes forward.