Police: Impaired driver drove off with a biker on the roof after hitting him
PHOENIX, Ariz. (BIKER DAD)–Police say an impaired driver killed a biker, drove off with him on the roof and didn’t stop. It happened in Phoenix and horrified witneses described the scened to ABC 15. You can see their full report in the video player above below or watch our video on the Biker Dad YouTube channel.
“People were screaming at him and telling him, “He’s on your car; he’s on your car. Stop,”” says Adilene Alvarez, who called 911 told ABC 15.
29-year-old David Moreno was arrested but police haven’t said what he’s charged with.
Witnesses told police that Moreno intially stopped after hitting the motorcycle rider, but then took off with him on the roof.
- VIDEO: California motorcycle cop broadsided by car running stop sign
- Texas biker shot 5 times in road rage incident
- Biker running from cops badly hurts great-grandma in 100 MPH fiery crash
- Deadly start to “Motorcycle Safety Awareness” month
- Biker killed in Knoxville hit and run
He hit two other cars before the rider fell of the roof and died. Friends of the victim, 48-year-old Robert Moore, say he was almost home when it happened.