Police: Impaired driver drove off with a biker on the roof after hitting him
PHOENIX, Ariz. (BIKER DAD)–Police say an impaired driver killed a biker, drove off with him on the roof and didn’t stop. It happened in Phoenix and horrified witneses described the scened to ABC 15. You can see their full report in the video player above below or watch our video on the Biker Dad YouTube channel.
“People were screaming at him and telling him, “He’s on your car; he’s on your car. Stop,”” says Adilene Alvarez, who called 911 told ABC 15.
29-year-old David Moreno was arrested but police haven’t said what he’s charged with.
Witnesses told police that Moreno intially stopped after hitting the motorcycle rider, but then took off with him on the roof.
- Florida cops search for hit and run driver who smashed into a biker
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Stolen car sends truck flying in California biker’s face, sparks safety warning for others
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond
He hit two other cars before the rider fell of the roof and died. Friends of the victim, 48-year-old Robert Moore, say he was almost home when it happened.