VIDEO: Deputy facing charges after he uses taser on a biker at a gas pump sparking explosion
LAKE MARY, Fla. – The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office has released additional video from body cameras worn by deputies during an attempted arrest of a man at a Wawa gas station following a pursuit in February, that resulted in a sudden explosion of fire and multiple people hurt. The video shows an apparent struggle between deputies and a suspect, 26-year-old Jean Barreto-Baerga, followed by a sudden explosion of fire.
Barreto-Baerga suffered burns to 75% of his body during the incident, according to his attorney, and three deputies were also burned – two had minor injuries and were released, but a third deputy suffered third-degree burns and remains hospitalized.
- Alabama bikers killed in head-on crash returning from Sturgis rally
- Florida deputies seek possible child sex abuse victims man met through motorcycle club
- Knoxville biker killed when car crosses the center line
- Harley Homecoming smashes record, plans to make it an annual event
- Biker Dad TV debuts on national TV network