VIDEO: Deputy facing charges after he uses taser on a biker at a gas pump sparking explosion
LAKE MARY, Fla. – The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office has released additional video from body cameras worn by deputies during an attempted arrest of a man at a Wawa gas station following a pursuit in February, that resulted in a sudden explosion of fire and multiple people hurt. The video shows an apparent struggle between deputies and a suspect, 26-year-old Jean Barreto-Baerga, followed by a sudden explosion of fire.
Barreto-Baerga suffered burns to 75% of his body during the incident, according to his attorney, and three deputies were also burned – two had minor injuries and were released, but a third deputy suffered third-degree burns and remains hospitalized.
- Top 5 beginner motorcycle mistakes and how to avoid them
- VIDEO: Driver narrowly escapes as train plows through car
- Michigan man charged with attempted murder in biker road rage
- Northwest Florida biker hit by semi truck
- Lethal left turns: Florida biker’s near-death experience caught on camera