Biker killed in motorcycle crash with his bride, just before their wedding
SEABROOK, MASS — Jeff Zajac had just eloped with his wife, Jessica, and was preparing to break the news at their scheduled wedding ceremony this month when a motorcycle accident took his life one week before.
The couple from Shirley, Massachusetts, were on their Harley-Davidson motorcycle heading south on Route 107 when a car turning left into The Brook casino struck them the afternoon of Nov. 5. Zajac, 51, was pronounced dead at the scene by police. Jessica Edom-Zajac, 50, is recovering from serious injuries while mourning the loss of her husband.
“I’m still in shock that this is even happening,” Edom-Zajac’s daughter Kaila Lane said.
A GoFundMe page has been created to help Edom-Zajac as she recovers from two punctured lungs, one of which collapsed, as well as fractures in her arms, legs, pelvic area, neck, spine and ribs. The page, created by Lane, had raised $24,194 at last check.
“Within a day, two days, I cannot believe how much we raised,” Lane said. “Especially since she has a long road ahead.”
- Florida cops search for hit and run driver who smashed into a biker
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Stolen car sends truck flying in California biker’s face, sparks safety warning for others
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond