New 130 hp Harley crate engine keeps your bike “stock” under warranty and street legal in all 50 states
NEED HELP AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT IN ALABAMA OR FLORIDA? CALL 850-706-4538
Harley-Davidson has just taken the wraps off a massive new crate engine that’s destined for its Touring lineup—that is, it will be available as an add-on. The bikes will not come with this 135 ci V-twin as stock!
Officially, the new powerplant is called the Screamin’ Eagle 135ci Stage IV Performance Crate Engine, and Harley-Davidson says it makes 130 hp at the rear wheel at 5500 rpm, and 143 lb-ft of rear-wheel torque at 3500 rpm. That’s a gain of about 27 percent more torque and 41 percent more horsepower at the rear wheel, says Harley-Davidson—impressive for what’s effectively a bolt-on mod, albeit a very expensive bolt-on mod. Asking price is $7,999.95 US; it does come with a two-year warranty, though!
- Top 5 beginner motorcycle mistakes and how to avoid them
- VIDEO: Driver narrowly escapes as train plows through car
- Michigan man charged with attempted murder in biker road rage
- Northwest Florida biker hit by semi truck
- Lethal left turns: Florida biker’s near-death experience caught on camera
According to Harley’s press release:
135 INCHES OF MUSCLE
Accept no compromise. Get the most displacement, and the most power, ever created by Harley-Davidson for a street-compliant crate performance engine. Engineered and hand crafted by the pros at Harley-Davidson using a complete collection of Screamin’ Eagle® high-performance components, this street-tuned 135-cubic-inch Screamin’ Eagle® Crate Engine is designed to run with a wide-open throttle at high engine speeds and provide instant passing power. Backed by a two-year warranty and ready to bolt into your Touring bike. Muscle up.
For the rider demanding for no-compromise performance. This street-tuned 135-cubic-inch Screamin’ Eagle® Crate Engine delivers 143 ft-lb of torque to the rear wheel as soon as the throttle is cranked.
- Engraved CNC-ported cylinder heads with CNC-machined chambers and 1mm larger valves
- SE8-517 high-lift cam, forged 10:7 high-compression pistons, high-performance cam bearing and high-performance tappets
- Patent-protected 4.31″ steel sleeve cylinders & 4.625” flywheel (Bore x Stroke)
- 68mm throttle body and Extreme CNC-machined manifold
- Screamin’ Eagle Pro Billet Cam Plate & Oil Pump
- 6.8 g/sec fuel injectors
- Ready for bolt-in installation in the Original Equipment-style chassis of your ’21-later Touring bike
- Engine features one-year manufacturer’s warranty for unmatched confidence
- Factory assembled at the Powertrain Operations facility in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
AIR/OIL-COOLED WITH BLACK AND CHROME FINISH
AIR/OIL-COOLED WITH BLACK FINISH
TWIN-COOLED™ WITH BLACK AND CHROME FINISH