Florida biker dies after flying into open trailer hauling unsecured junk
NEED HELP AFTER A MOTORCYCLE CRASH IN CENTRAL FLORIDA? CALL WHITTEL AND MELTON
According to report:
A biker who was thrown off his motorcycle into a trailer load of car parts, igniting a chain reaction that led to five other vehicles crashing into debris, has died, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
It happened around 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 7, on Interstate 75 and southbound lanes had to be closed for more than two hours, troopers said in a news release.
- VIDEO: Pizza Delivery Driver Saves Biker From Fiery Crash
- Grumpy old man headed to prison for road-raging on biker
- RECALL ALERT: Triumph 2023 Bonneville T120 and Bonneville T120 Black motorcycles
- Another Florida biker killed by lethal left turn
- Motorcycle murder mystery, biker found shot in parking lot
Investigators say the 2014 Kawasaki motorcycle was traveling “at a high rate of speed” when the crash occurred near Tampa.
“The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old Tampa man, overtook and collided with a trailer full of vehicle parts being towed by a 2012 Ford F250,” the highway patrol reports.