Florida biker dies after flying into open trailer hauling unsecured junk
According to report:
A biker who was thrown off his motorcycle into a trailer load of car parts, igniting a chain reaction that led to five other vehicles crashing into debris, has died, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
It happened around 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 7, on Interstate 75 and southbound lanes had to be closed for more than two hours, troopers said in a news release.
- Alabama bikers killed in head-on crash returning from Sturgis rally
- Florida deputies seek possible child sex abuse victims man met through motorcycle club
- Knoxville biker killed when car crosses the center line
- Harley Homecoming smashes record, plans to make it an annual event
- Biker Dad TV debuts on national TV network
Investigators say the 2014 Kawasaki motorcycle was traveling “at a high rate of speed” when the crash occurred near Tampa.
“The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old Tampa man, overtook and collided with a trailer full of vehicle parts being towed by a 2012 Ford F250,” the highway patrol reports.