Biker killed after a lightning strike on a Georgia highway
LIBERTY COUNTY, GA. (BIKER DAD)–A biker killed after a lightning strike on a Georgia highway lost control after the strike. The Harley rider from Ohio was on southbound I-95 in Liberty County when it happened, Coastal News Service reported.
- Biker dad of 2 killed in motorcycle crash, biker headlines for May 25th, 2022
- Biker dad, father of 2 killed in Oklahoma crash
- VIDEO: California motorcycle cop broadsided by car running stop sign
- Texas biker shot 5 times in road rage incident
- Biker running from cops badly hurts great-grandma in 100 MPH fiery crash
The Liberty County Sheriff’s Office says the man was riding with his brother Monday when a nearby strike caused him to veer into a guardrail. He flipped over it. The sheriff’s office says his brother tried to help but it was too late.
The brothers had left North Carolina Monday morning on their way to Florida. When they got caught in the heavy rain they were trying to make it to an overpass for shelter, the brother told deputies. But they did not make cover before the strike.