Biker killed after a lightning strike on a Georgia highway
LIBERTY COUNTY, GA. (BIKER DAD)–A biker killed after a lightning strike on a Georgia highway lost control after the strike. The Harley rider from Ohio was on southbound I-95 in Liberty County when it happened, Coastal News Service reported.
- Deadly left turn: Another Florida biker killed
- Investigators release video of officer-involved motorcycle crash
- The World’s Oldest Motorcycle Sells for $210,000 129 Years After Its First Ride
- “Biker lives matter:” Kansas riders take their case to the capital
- Utah company developing “flying motorcycle”
The Liberty County Sheriff’s Office says the man was riding with his brother Monday when a nearby strike caused him to veer into a guardrail. He flipped over it. The sheriff’s office says his brother tried to help but it was too late.
The brothers had left North Carolina Monday morning on their way to Florida. When they got caught in the heavy rain they were trying to make it to an overpass for shelter, the brother told deputies. But they did not make cover before the strike.