Hit-and-run driver injured a cop riding his Harley home from work
PHILADELPHIA, PA. (BIKER DAD)–A hit-and-run driver injured a cop riding his Harley home from work in Philadelphia. WPVI reports it happened early Tuesday morning in the Hunting Park section of the city.
- Alabama bikers killed in head-on crash returning from Sturgis rally
- Florida deputies seek possible child sex abuse victims man met through motorcycle club
- Knoxville biker killed when car crosses the center line
- Harley Homecoming smashes record, plans to make it an annual event
- Biker Dad TV debuts on national TV network
An SUV hit the 35-year-old officer after he left his station. “A vehicle that was going westbound on Roosevelt Boulevard, driving at a high rate of speed, made a left turn and struck the front of the Harley Davidson motorcycle this 35-year-old off-duty officer was driving,” Philadelphia Chief Inspector Scott Small told the TV station.
The officer didn’t get a good look at the SUV because he was thrown off his bike. So, police are looking for surveillance video to piece things together. The officer had a broken leg and cuts and bruises according to the report.