Blown tire on a Harley trike leads to a bad crash
PALERMO, ME (BIKER DAD)– Deputies say a blown tire on a Harley trike lead to a bad crash in Maine. The Waldo County Sheriff’s Office says a 73-year-old woman was badly injured as a result. The left rear tire blew an the 2016 trike pulled across the center line into the path of an Nissan. The driver of the car tried to avoid the Harley, but it was too late.
- Hells Angels founder dies of cancer at 83
- Florida biker brawl caught on camera leads to 6 arrests
- Biker dad badly injured by hit-and-run driver in North Carolina
- Weapons, explosives found in Pagans “Outlaw Motorcycle Gang” arrests
- Texas class teaches techniques to save lives at motorcycle crashes, biker headlines for June 8, 2022
The trike hit the SUV. Then, it hit a guardrail. As a result it flipped over and landed on its side. Jean Weymouth, 73 of Manchester, flew off of the Harley. Emergency crews flew her by medical helicopter to a hospital with serious injuries. It appears her 70-year-old husband Michael Weymouth somehow escaped uninjured.
The Penbay Pilot reports that it happened Saturday afternoon. The crash is still under investigation.