Biker killed by flying kayak in Iowa
ROSSVILLE, Iowa (BIKER DAD)– A biker killed by a flying kayak in Iowa died when a driver failed to secure their load. We bikers see this on the roads all the time. People who don’t bother to properly tie things down.
- Florida cops search for hit and run driver who smashed into a biker
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Stolen car sends truck flying in California biker’s face, sparks safety warning for others
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond
Iowa State Police that’s exactly what happened, causing a deadly crash. They say a man on a motorcycle died Sunday when a kayak that wasn’t tied down flew off of a trailer and hit the motorcycle.
The report says the biker and a vehicle pulling a trailer loaded with kayaks were traveling opposite directions. That’s when the kayak flew off the trailer. While still airborne, it hit the biker head-on causing the deadly crash.
75-year-old John John Thein died in the crash. He was on a 1995 Harley-Davidson. The police report does not indicate if the 69-year-old driver of the Ford F-150, Andre Wroble, faces charges.
SECURE YOUR LOAD PEOPLE!