VIDEO: Nine thousand bikers ride in honor of Indiana hero killed in suicide bombing
LOGANSPORT, Ind. (BIKER DAD) — Riders tell me as many as nine thousand bikers showed up to escort the body of one of the fallen 13. Marine Corps Cpl. Humberto Sanchez, 22, of Logansport, Indiana was among those killed in the airport suicide bombing in Afghanistan.
The sea of bikers followed the military procession to bring him back to his northern Indiana hometown. Fox 59 reports thousands of others lined the streets to pay their respects. You can see video of the bikers in the player above or subscribe to the Biker Dad YouTube Channel The people held American flags as the procession made its way past and military jets flew overhead.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
The procession paused briefly as the body passed under a flag. This scene has been played over and over again across the country as these heroes return home.
Bikers, many veterans and military themselves, are among the most patriotic people in our country. They make it a point to stand tall for those who gave all.
Fox 59 reports: A public visitation is scheduled for Monday at LifeGate Church in Logansport. The funeral is set for 11 a.m. Tuesday the church. Burial will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery.
- Florida cops search for hit and run driver who smashed into a biker
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Stolen car sends truck flying in California biker’s face, sparks safety warning for others
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond