Cops: Motorcycle crash kills speeding off-duty state trooper in Tennessee
THE NEW BIKER DAD SHOW PREMIERES SEPTEMBER 19TH. SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL NOW AND WATCH LOCALLY ON MYTV 35 SUNDAYS AT 9:30 AM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BIKER DAD) — A motorcycle crash killed a appealing off-duty state trooper in Tennessee. That’s according to police. Investigators say trooper Aaron Rumford, 29, died when he crashed into an Audi making a turn on a Nashville street.
Investigators say the preliminary investigation shows Rumford was riding too fast and that was the main cause of the crash.
- Top 5 beginner motorcycle mistakes and how to avoid them
- VIDEO: Driver narrowly escapes as train plows through car
- Michigan man charged with attempted murder in biker road rage
- Northwest Florida biker hit by semi truck
- Lethal left turns: Florida biker’s near-death experience caught on camera
Police say Rumford was on his Yamaha motorcycle when it happened Sunday afternoon. It’s still under investigation, but there was no indication of drugs or alcohol according to a report by the Tennesseean.
Tennessee’s governor tweeted about the loss of the trooper who he knew well, saying in part, “during his time on security detail, he became a beloved member of our family,” Lee said in a post of Twitter Monday. “We are lifting up prayers for the Rumford family & all of Aaron’s loved ones during this time of unimaginable grief.”
Rumford had served since 2015.
BUY BIKER DAD PATCHES AND STICKERS