Biker killed in Knoxville hit and run
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (BIKER DAD)— Knoxville police say the driver of a Honda took off after a crash that killed a motorcycle rider.
It happened Sunday and the police posted about it on their Facebook page saying:
“At around 6 p.m. on Sunday, May 15, 2022, Knoxville Police Department officers responded to Bruhin Road near Breda Drive to investigate a crash involving a Honda sedan and a motorcycle.
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond
- Alabama biker hit and killed by Jeep
- Florida biker killed in hit and run: Witnesses say cops were chasing the car
The preliminary investigation at the scene revealed that the Honda was traveling north on Bruhin when it crossed into the southbound lanes, striking a motorcycle traveling south on Bruhin. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike and pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Honda ran from the scene following the crash but was located a short time later on Pershing Drive. The driver was detained for further investigation. That investigation, which is being led by Crash Reconstruction personnel, remains ongoing at the time time. An update will be provided when one becomes available.”