Biker killed in Knoxville hit and run
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (BIKER DAD)— Knoxville police say the driver of a Honda took off after a crash that killed a motorcycle rider.
It happened Sunday and the police posted about it on their Facebook page saying:
“At around 6 p.m. on Sunday, May 15, 2022, Knoxville Police Department officers responded to Bruhin Road near Breda Drive to investigate a crash involving a Honda sedan and a motorcycle.
- Hells Angels founder dies of cancer at 83
- Florida biker brawl caught on camera leads to 6 arrests
- Biker dad badly injured by hit-and-run driver in North Carolina
- Weapons, explosives found in Pagans “Outlaw Motorcycle Gang” arrests
- Texas class teaches techniques to save lives at motorcycle crashes, biker headlines for June 8, 2022
The preliminary investigation at the scene revealed that the Honda was traveling north on Bruhin when it crossed into the southbound lanes, striking a motorcycle traveling south on Bruhin. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike and pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Honda ran from the scene following the crash but was located a short time later on Pershing Drive. The driver was detained for further investigation. That investigation, which is being led by Crash Reconstruction personnel, remains ongoing at the time time. An update will be provided when one becomes available.”