Police: driver high on drugs now charged after slamming into 8 bikers
UPDATE: 32-year-old Ryan O’Farrell of Westerly, Rhode Island, was arrested following the accident Sunday afternoon. O’Farrell struck five motorcycles, seriously injuring eight people from a Connecticut motorcycle club.
NORTHFIELD, Mass. (BIKER DAD) — Police say a driver high on drugs slammed into a group of bikers, injuring 8. The driver hasn’t been identified, but he’s charged with operating under the influence causing serious bodily injury, operating with drugs, operating a motor vehicle to endanger, unlicensed operation and two charges of child endangerment.
- Georgia biker dad killed in hit-and-run, suspect finally arrested
- Supreme Court upholds “biker gang” leader’s murder conviction
- Biker mom found murdered months after disappearance, motorcycle led to her remains
- Speeding biker crashes sending riderless motorcycle into oncoming traffic, deadly chain reaction
- Florida cops search for hit and run driver who smashed into a biker
That’s because there were also two children in his vehicle. Local news reports the man veered into the oncoming lane and slammed into 5 motorcycles, sending 8 people to the hospital. Two are in critical condition.
Prayers for all involved. We will keep you updated.