Ohio man charged in death of teenage biker
WXIX reports: A man faces charges in the death of a motorcyclist he allegedly hit and killed in August.
Gary Humpert III was pronounced dead at the scene at the intersection of Colerain Avenue near Harry Lee Lane on Aug. 17.
His family says the 18-year-old was driving home from getting gas at the time.
Newly filed court documents claim Westley Philpot failed to yield the right of way turning left onto Colerain from Harry Lee Lane, causing him to hit and kill the man.
- Deadly left turn: Another Florida biker killed
- Investigators release video of officer-involved motorcycle crash
- The World’s Oldest Motorcycle Sells for $210,000 129 Years After Its First Ride
- “Biker lives matter:” Kansas riders take their case to the capital
- Utah company developing “flying motorcycle”
“My son is in a box,” the victim’s father said. “I would like to see how he feels, like, in a little 8×8 square box, you know what I mean? He can’t see his family for the holidays. See his grandkids or nephews.”