Speeding biker crashes sending riderless motorcycle into oncoming traffic, deadly chain reaction
BUY BIKER DAD PATCHES AND STICKERS
According to DPS State Troopers, this all started when a motorcycle heading north sped past a trooper on I-45 who was writing a ticket. The motorcyclist tried to exit the freeway onto the feeder road and was hit by a Lexus pulling out of a parking lot of the Metro Park Center. The rider was thrown off the bike into a ditch and killed.
- “Impaired” Missouri driver kills 4 bikers, injures many more
- Motorcycle rally ends in mass shooting beef between “outlaw motorcycle gangs”
- Top 5 beginner motorcycle mistakes and how to avoid them
- VIDEO: Driver narrowly escapes as train plows through car
- Michigan man charged with attempted murder in biker road rage
The motorcycle kept going without the rider and crossed back up onto the freeway hitting several cars, leading to a multi-car pileup, DPS said. As many as 11 vehicles were involved.
Parts of the motorcycle were dragged for several hundred yards leading to debris being scattered all over the freeway.
During the pileup, one of the drivers involved got out of their car and was hit by another vehicle. DPS said that driver was killed. You can read their entire story here or watch the video in the player above.