Family sells legendary Daytona Harley dealer in blockbuster biker deal
The Florida-based Ed Morse Auto Group, a chain of 32 new-car dealerships, is expanding into motorcycle retail in a big, big way — specifically, with the blockbuster purchase of Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson, a landmark Harley dealership, and a trendsetter in experience-based branding and retail sales, since the 1990s.
- Florida cops search for hit and run driver who smashed into a biker
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Stolen car sends truck flying in California biker’s face, sparks safety warning for others
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond
Besides selling roughly 1,000 Harleys annually, the motorcycle dealership also does a land-office business in Harley-branded clothes, merchandise, and jewelry, as well as parts and accessories.
The transaction also includes an adjacent commercial real estate development, Destination Daytona. All told, the purchase covers more than 100 acres of real estate, including a hotel, restaurants, and rental condos, in addition to the dealership.