250 bikers roll out for little girl murdered by FedEx contract driver
AZLE, TX (BIKER DAD)–More than 250 bikers rode in Texas to remember Athena Strand who was taken by a FedEx contract driver and never came home again. The ride showed support for the little girl’s family while calling for #justiceforAthena.
A contract driver delivering packages for Fed Ex accused of kidnapping and killing Texas girl Athena Strand along his route claims he panicked after accidentally hitting the child with his van, according to an arrest affidavit reviewed by PEOPLE.
Wise County authorities allege Tanner Horner, 31, said he put Athena, 7, in his van on Nov. 30 after accidentally striking her with the vehicle while backing up. He then allegedly told police he killed the girl inside his van after panicking about what to do next, the affidavit says.
Surveillance footage from inside the van shows Horner talking to a little girl who resembled Athena, per the affidavit.
- Deadly left turn: Another Florida biker killed
- Investigators release video of officer-involved motorcycle crash
- The World’s Oldest Motorcycle Sells for $210,000 129 Years After Its First Ride
- “Biker lives matter:” Kansas riders take their case to the capital
- Utah company developing “flying motorcycle”
According to WFAA the contractor who hired the driver has not answered questions about his employment. You can see their investigative story here: