Expert: “Outlaw biker gangs” growing fast
“What we see now is everyone is growing rapidly, and it’s drawing them into constant conflict across the U.S. and abroad,” said an expert on “outlaw biker gangs” in an interview with ABC 13 in Houston.
ABC13 spoke with outlaw gang expert Steve Cook.
“What generally triggers the violence?” asked ABC13 reporter Jessica Willey.
“This is nothing more than the toughest kid in the schoolyard. That’s what’s behind it,” Cook replied.
Cook is a 30-year police officer in the Kansas City area and also the executive director of the Midwest Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Investigators Association. He said outlaw biker gangs are more prevalent than people might think.
- Alabama bikers killed in head-on crash returning from Sturgis rally
- Florida deputies seek possible child sex abuse victims man met through motorcycle club
- Knoxville biker killed when car crosses the center line
- Harley Homecoming smashes record, plans to make it an annual event
- Biker Dad TV debuts on national TV network
Aaron Grant, 36, is charged with murder in the shooting death of Jesse Metzger, 32. Metzger was killed as he drove his motorcycle in the early morning of January 27th.
At first, investigators believed the motive may have been road rage, but then they learned the two men were members of rival outlaw motorcycle gangs.
According to court records, Grant is a member of BEAST, or Brothers East, motorcycle club, and Metzger was with the Sun Devils, an offshoot of the infamous Bandidos.