Expert: “Outlaw biker gangs” growing fast
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
“What we see now is everyone is growing rapidly, and it’s drawing them into constant conflict across the U.S. and abroad,” said an expert on “outlaw biker gangs” in an interview with ABC 13 in Houston.
ABC13 spoke with outlaw gang expert Steve Cook.
“What generally triggers the violence?” asked ABC13 reporter Jessica Willey.
“This is nothing more than the toughest kid in the schoolyard. That’s what’s behind it,” Cook replied.
Cook is a 30-year police officer in the Kansas City area and also the executive director of the Midwest Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Investigators Association. He said outlaw biker gangs are more prevalent than people might think.
- VIDEO: Pizza Delivery Driver Saves Biker From Fiery Crash
- Grumpy old man headed to prison for road-raging on biker
- RECALL ALERT: Triumph 2023 Bonneville T120 and Bonneville T120 Black motorcycles
- Another Florida biker killed by lethal left turn
- Motorcycle murder mystery, biker found shot in parking lot
Aaron Grant, 36, is charged with murder in the shooting death of Jesse Metzger, 32. Metzger was killed as he drove his motorcycle in the early morning of January 27th.
At first, investigators believed the motive may have been road rage, but then they learned the two men were members of rival outlaw motorcycle gangs.
According to court records, Grant is a member of BEAST, or Brothers East, motorcycle club, and Metzger was with the Sun Devils, an offshoot of the infamous Bandidos.