Spooked horse killed a Harley rider according to police report
MONITEAU COUNTY, Mo. (BIKER DAD)--A spooked horse killed a Harley rider. That’s according to a Missouri Highway Patrol report. The horse was pulling a buggy police say. It happened when the Harley Sportster 883 spooked the horse. As a result the horse and buggy darted into the path of the motorcycle.
Samuel Schreck, 56, of Versailles hit the horse. Then he hit the buggy. As a result, he died at the scene according to the report. It happened on a county road Friday just after 1p.m.
- Hells Angels founder dies of cancer at 83
- Florida biker brawl caught on camera leads to 6 arrests
- Biker dad badly injured by hit-and-run driver in North Carolina
- Weapons, explosives found in Pagans “Outlaw Motorcycle Gang” arrests
- Texas class teaches techniques to save lives at motorcycle crashes, biker headlines for June 8, 2022
Eric J. Nolt, 27, of Latham was driving the horse and buggy. The report does not say how badly the horse was hurt or if the buggy driver was injured.
Moniteau County has a Menonite population according to Wikipedia. The report does not indicate if Nolt is part of that community. It would be safe to assume so however. This website has a detailed history of the Menonite settlers in the area.