VIDEO: Inside tour of Harley founder’s mansion recently sold
According to the online listing, the house in Milwaukee’s Washington Heights neighborhood has six bedrooms and three and a half baths. It was built in 1916. William S. Harley moved the family in a few years later.
The last time the house was sold was way back in the 70s for a meager $45 thousand. Even by today’s prices the $399 thousand asking price is pretty meager given the home’s history. The original selling price of the mansion was only $8,000. That would be about $200,000 in today’s dollars, a big bargain for a Barron’s mansion.
- VIDEO: California motorcycle cop broadsided by car running stop sign
- Texas biker shot 5 times in road rage incident
- Biker running from cops badly hurts great-grandma in 100 MPH fiery crash
- Deadly start to “Motorcycle Safety Awareness” month
- Biker killed in Knoxville hit and run
The house is a fixer-up though. The images inside show it clearly needs a bit of work.
The listing agent says the mansion has already been sold, but hasn’t announced who bought it.
It would be awesome to see it turned into some kind of museum like the sale this summer of another historic Harley-Davidson property in Scotland.
We’ll keep our eye on it and let you know what happens.
The Biker Dad TV show premieres in just over a week. SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel now!