Truck attempting to pass kills Florida biker in head-on crash
PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL (BIKER DAD) — Police in Panama City Beach say a biker was killed when he was hit head-on by a pickup truck. It happened early Tuesday on State Road 22.
The driver attempted to “pass a slower vehicle” and collided head-on with a motorcycle traveling along State Road 22 in the opposite direction. FHP says the driver “failed to ensure a clear path of travel” when passing.
- Alabama bikers killed in head-on crash returning from Sturgis rally
- Florida deputies seek possible child sex abuse victims man met through motorcycle club
- Knoxville biker killed when car crosses the center line
- Harley Homecoming smashes record, plans to make it an annual event
- Biker Dad TV debuts on national TV network
The motorcycle was driven by a 47-year-old Panama City man. That driver died.
The man and the woman in the truck both suffered minor injuries, and the child was not harmed.
Another man was killed in a crash with a vehicle Tuesday in Panama City Beach as well according to the local paper. According to a press release from the Panama City Police Department, the victim was identified as Tony Lynch of Bay County.