Missing biker dad found dead, community rallies for family
WARREN COUNTY, NJ (BIKER DAD) — A missing biker found dead after days of searching was beloved by the community. That’s why so many are rallying to support his family. Gavin Mitchell, 42, disappeared Friday during a ride on his motorcycle according to the Daily Voice. Sadly, his body was found Wednesday evening. Police say he died from a motorcycle crash.
- ‘People are dying’: Florida residents want change at dangerous intersection after deadly motorcycle crash
- Wind therapy behind the walls: Motorcycles inspire inmates at California prison
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Hero cops save child from frozen pond
- Alabama biker hit and killed by Jeep
- Florida biker killed in hit and run: Witnesses say cops were chasing the car
“Gavin was a gentle giant of a man who cared deeply for his family and friends,” the fundraiser page says of the man who was 6 foot 3 and over 300 pounds, “Gavin was a gentle giant of a man who loved to ride.” The Harley rider “leaves behind his mother, Sharon Mitchell, as well as his two children who he absolutely loved and adored,” the post goes on to say.
The fundraiser says there are more plans to help family and honor the biker dad too. Friends and family will hold a celebration and a motorcycle rally when the accident investigation is done.